Entry fees are non-refundable. However, you may purchase during registration event insurance for a small premium amounting to 7.5% of your registration fees. The insurance will reimburse 100% of your entry fee if you’re unable to attend the race due to the following situations:
1. Illness or Serious Injury, or if a family member is hospitalized or requires care by the participant;
2. Employer Termination – After being employed by the same employer for one continuous year, the participant is laid off;
3. Required to Work – if you are unexpectedly required to work during the time you are planning to attend the event;
4. Traffic Accidents – if you are directly involved in a traffic accident and unable to get to the event;
5. Mechanical Breakdown – if the participant’s car breaks down no more than 24 hours before the event;
6. Airline Delay – if the participant’s plane or other Travel Carrier is delayed (includes bad weather) while going to the event;
7. Home Issues – if the participant’s home is uninhabitable due to fire, flood, vandalism, burglary or natural disasters;
8. Jury Duty – if the participant is required to serve on jury duty on the day of the event:
9. Military Duty – if the participant is required to miss an event as a result of military orders.
More details about the coverage here.
Because the cost of insurance is so small, and our fixed costs related to planning and preparing for the race are so large, we will no longer offer any rollovers or credits. PLEASE purchase the event insurance. It is a very small cost compared to the overall expenses of attending a weekend race.
Recent Facebook Posts
Special thanks to Hoodoo Veteran Michael Conti to taking this photo of Andrew Danly during last year’s race; and for making it public and being..
Sweet dreams Hoodoo racers! Tomorrow’s start times: 7am Stage Starts in Escalante. 5am Voyager/Nomad. 7am Solo 500 and 300. 9am all relay teams!
After day one of the 500-mile stage, Jon Shellenbarger is leading the men and Kimmy Hazel Keathley is leading the women. One racer is still out..
Thanks to Elevated Legs, our Hoodoo racers are getting some relaxation and recovery at check-in. We’ll have them for you to demo at the breakfast..